Student Affairs provides programs and services that bring students to Iowa State University,
make them a part of the Cyclone Family, and support them in their many campus learning experiences.
Student Affairs is integral to the rich and vibrant Iowa State University student experience, challenging and empowering students to succeed as productive citizens and leaders in a diverse global community.
Iowa State University’s Division of Student Affairs will be widely recognized as having one of the very best student affairs operations in the nation.
The Division of Student Affairs will:
- Promote and ensure an atmosphere that enhances the individual student’s freedom to learn by
- minimizing the barriers to effective learning
- increasing opportunities for educational development in and beyond those available in the classroom, and
- recognizing the uniqueness of each student and supporting each student’s total development
- Facilitate successful educational experiences for both prospective and enrolled students throughout their university affiliation
- Cooperate and collaborate with other university units to provide programs and services for all members of the university community
- Participate proactively in formulating and implementing policies governing the university community