What is an assessment plan?
- Describes, in detail:
- Each department’s mission, vision, and goals
- Signature and significant programs and services offered in the Division of Student Affairs
- Links between departmental efforts and the
Division’s Mission, Values, and Priorities
- Assessment efforts employed to examine programs and services
- Key metrics and measurements used to gauge efficacy
Why do we need a Division-wide assessment plan?
- We are a big Division
- Nearly 30 departments
- Over 50 functional areas
- No Division-level understanding of all efforts exists
- A lot of our individual work is similar to others’ work in the Division
Our ability to tell a cohesive story hinges on a clear understanding of what everyone in each department is doing, at least at a high level.
Department Assessment Plan Template (MS Word document)
Completed Department Assessment Plan Template – Multicultural Student Affairs (PDF) (courtesy Denise Williams-Klotz; program-oriented department)
Completed Department Assessment Plan Template – Student Affairs Assessment & Research (PDF) (service-oriented department)