This page serves as a resource for the Division of Student Affairs Staff.
Upcoming Learning Experiences:
Ouch! That stereotype hurt!
Wednesday, November 4; 11:00 – 11:50 am via Zoom
Presented by Malisa Rader, M.Ed., Field Specialist, Human Sciences Extension and Outreach
Staying silent in the face of demeaning comments, stereotypes, or bias allows inappropriate attitudes and behaviors to thrive. This workshop will provide seven easy, but effective strategies for speaking up respectfully to counter hurtful comments and actions.
Register for this Zoom session here: https://iastate.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEldOugrzsjGdf81WAoM7yrNY_AqzOP3krQ
To request accommodations for these Zoom presentations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
CARE Staff Recognition
Submit a colleague for CARE recognition!
CARE is an ongoing recognition for Committed, Accomplished, Responsive, and Engaged Division of Student Affairs staff. Basically, it is a great way to send kudos to a colleague for a job well done! Staff submitted for recognition may be included in the Division newsletter, social media, and at events. Please submit your recognition below. An email will be sent to the person you are recognizing and their supervisor. Questions can be sent to Jenny Pollard at email@example.com. Thank you!
Division Meetings & Events
Upcoming Division Meeting Dates
Fall Information Meeting | November 12 at 3 p.m.
Spring Information Meeting | February 23 at 3 p.m.
Spring Awards Celebration | April 15 at 9 a.m.
Staff Appreciation Week 2020 | www.studentaffairs.iastate.edu/saw
United Way of Story County Campaign Information | www.studentaffairs.iastate.edu/unitedway
Division Policies Information
In our efforts to provide the best programs and services possible, the Division of Student Affairs has established the following committees made up of staff from around the division. If you are a staff member interested in serving on a division committee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To sign-up for the Assessment or Research committees, please complete this Qualtrics form by Sept.1 of each year https://bit.ly/arcommittees.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Focuses on campus climate issues and enhancing the university’s diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Staff Development & Well-being: Supports student affairs through leadership and skills training, development of resources and programming to enhance careers, work/life integration, and overall well-being.
- Student Affairs Assessment: Focuses on identifying potential areas of assessment within the division, and work with departments and individuals to create, implement, and analyze assessment efforts. Committee members will also be involved in advising and coordinating divisional program review processes and identifying, creating, and implementing training resources, sessions, and other professional development efforts about assessment.
- Student Affairs Research: Identifies potential areas of research, provides consultation and guidance on projects assumed by departments/individuals in the Division. This committee will also conduct research on areas of interest and be involved in the identifying, creating, and implementing training resources, sessions, and other professional development efforts about research.
- United Way of Story County Campaign: Focuses on fundraising for the local United Way campaign on behalf of the Division of Student Affairs. See their work in action here: www.studentaffairs.iastate.edu/unitedway
More details about Division Committee here: www.studentaffairs.iastate.edu/committees
Division of Student Affairs Awards
Learning and Development Opportunities:
Student Affairs Leadership Institute (SALI) | www.studentaffairs.iastate.edu/sali
Student Affairs Diversity Events Calendar | www.studentaffairs.iastate.edu/calendar
Past Division-wide Professional Development Presentations | www.studentaffairs.iastate.edu/professionaldevelopment
Professional and Scientific Staff Professional Development Opportunities at Iowa State University